Please join fellow Washington educators for the fifth annual Teaching Equity Conference at Highline Community College on Saturday April 26.
The purpose of the Teaching Equity Conference is to provide innovative strategies to narrow the opportunity gap by offering insights into what it takes to support the recruitment and retention of teachers of color. Teacher demographics are directly related to percentages of student success in today’s and tomorrow’s diverse classrooms! This conference focuses on the support of strong and effective practices that improve outcomes for all students, especially those of color.
The 2013 National Teacher of the Year, Jeff Charbonneau, will kick off the conference lineup with his keynote talk. A Speaker Panel composed of Fellows from the Martinez Foundation will follow the keynote talk. After lunch, four three-hour training sessions are offered (see our website).
- What: Teaching Equity Conference – Equity Strategies to Close the Opportunity Gap
- When: Saturday April 26, 2014 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Where: Highline Community College in Des Moines, WA
- To Register: For additional information, session descriptions, registration, and directions see www.TeachingEquity.com
- Cost: $35 Online Registration / $40 At the Door. Includes breakfast and lunch!