Renton Technical College is presenting a MOOC (massively open online course) titled “Teaching Adults for New (And Newish) Teachers.” This six week course allows new and “still-feel-new” higher education teachers get the basics that they need in their first years of teaching, The course is starting this Monday, January 25, 2016 and is hosted on the Canvas.net platform. This course is free and a certificate of completion will be awarded to participants.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Adult learning theories
- Develop and write a clear course syllabus in student-centered language
- Create measurable student learning outcomes
- Write and E.N.G.A.G.E. lesson plan
- Articulate a variety of strategies for teaching efficiently
- Create varied active learning activities and assessment tools
- Use UDL methodologies in the Classroom
- Recognize and utilize your personal style in the classroom
- Articulate the importance of diversity awareness in the classroom
- Create a cooperative classroom community
- Utilize appropriate resources and tools for continued student engagement
- Participate in a PLN (Personal Learning Network)
For more information or to enroll in this course, follow this link to the Canvas.net platform: https://www.canvas.net/browse/rentontechnicalcollege/courses/teaching-adults
(You do need to create a different account than your Pierce Canvas account – Canvas.net is a completely different Canvas instance).