Join your colleagues for the
QM Works in the Great Pacific Northwest Regional Conference
Location: Doubletree Seattle Airport in Seattle, WA
Date: Thursday, April 9 – Friday April 10, 2015
Why attend? Presentations and workshops planned will include:
- Strategies and applications for meeting QM Standards
- Getting institutional buy-in for QM adoption
- Research, examples and takeaways from institutions and faculty using QM
- Findings related to the impact of QM at the institutional level
Ready to lead the charge to ensure quality matters in education?
Got Questions? Contact:
Interim eLearning Director
Pierce College District
(253) 964-6377 //JBLM (253) 964-6567
The Center for Engagement and Learning is reminding all online and hybrid instructors of upcoming dates for face-to-face “Applying the Quality Matters Rubric” (APPQMR) workshops through Pierce College.
This training is QM’s flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and the process of using the QM Rubric to review online courses. Quality Matters is both a tool and a process for ensuring online course quality and emphasizes faculty-centered continuous course improvement.
These workshops are free to all Pierce College faculty and meet the QM training requirements for teaching online or hybrid courses.* Total training time is 7 hours and workshops are offered in 1-day and 2-day formats.
1 FULL- DAY WORKSHOP FORMAT
Tuesday, March 24, 2015
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM (1/2 hr lunch break)
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom
2 HALF-DAY WORKSHOP FORMAT
Monday, June 22 and Tuesday, June 23, 2015
1:00 PM – 4:30PM (each day)
Pierce College Puyallup
Online APPQMR Options:
If you cannot attend the in-person workshops, there are workshops online! Quality Matters offers the training online several times a month.
- 2 weeks, facilitated by a certified QM trainer.
- Includes discussion forums, quizzes, and exploratory assignments; participants can expect to spend about 8-10 hours/week in the workshop.
- Participants who successfully complete the workshop will receive a Certificate of Completion from QM.
- Satisfies the requirement for Pierce College instructors who teach online or hybrid courses.*
Do not sign up for this online training through the QM website. The State Board has a limited number of free seats for each college to offer to faculty – please contact CEAL or the Pierce College eLearning department for more information or to sign up for these online APPQMR training workshops.
*Per the Pierce College Negotiated Agreement, all faculty who teach fully online and hybrid courses must complete this training by the end of the 2014-2015 academic year. Both in-person and online options are offered a variety of times throughout the academic year. Check the CEAL calendar for upcoming Applying the QM Rubric Workshop training dates. If you teach online and you are not sure you have completed this requirement, please contact the Pierce College eLearning department to verify your training status.
Starting the week of April 14 and ending the week of June 2, 2014, Design Collaboratory is an open invitation from CEAL to drop in and discuss instructional design questions about your courses.
Each week we will be available the following times and locations:
Mondays – Puyallup campus from 2:30-4:00pm in the Lava Java – A160
Tuesdays – Fort Steilacoom campus from 2:30pm – 4:00pm in the Lava Java – Library
Sample topics we are ready to help you with:
- Questions about designing or re-designing your grounded, online or hybrid courses – how to get started and what to plan for in a course re-design project
- How to get started with web-enhancing your classes with online content
- Tools, tips and ideas for creative content design
Feel free to stop in during these hours at either campus to discuss your course design ideas, plans or challenges!