Don’t forget to register for Washington’s Annual Canvas Conference (WACC) which will take place on March 24-25, 2016 at Tacoma Community College. This collaborative 2-day conference will focus on enriching higher education Canvas users.
**While the conference is primarily focused on faculty, administrators and staff are welcome as well! Tickets include WACC presentations, a continental breakfast, and a buffet lunch both days.
Sessions will focus on Accessibility, Pathways to Success, Open Educational Resources, and Universal Design and representatives from Canvas, Panopto, and other vendors will be there.
For more information on the program schedule and how to register, visit http://wa-cc.com.
Be sure to watch this short video on how to complete the registration process.
With the recent update to the Canvas interface, it can be easy for the smaller changes or behind-the-scenes adjustments to go by unnoticed. For example, did you know that you can see if a student has viewed feedback on an assignment? Speedgrader has been updated to include “student viewed” information in the details view in the upper right corner.
A few other highlights include:
- Announcements – “Like” button added
- Assignments – submission options now include “external tool url”
- Course Analytics – improved graphics and sorting ability to view stats more effectively
- Student View – more obvious, to prevent any confusion
Watch below to see an overview of the new features. Full release notes can be found here.
Live webinars – they can rock or they can not rock so much..
You get the headphones on, settle into your favorite chair and…you might learn something new OR you might fall asleep.
So when CEAL says we’re going “on air” in November to try something new in our world of professional development, we’d like to think it will rock, totally. Plan to join us in person at the Fort Steilacoom Lava Java or by Blackboard Collaborate for some short but sweet webinars on a variety of topics – tech, teaching and otherwise – on these selected dates in November & December:
Tuesdays – Fresh Tech Webinar: 2:30-3:30 PM (FS Lava Java and online in Collaborate)
- November 3 – The Cool Tools Report; Tips and Tricks with Canvas Gradebook and Calendar work together; Canvas Q&A (time permitting)
- November 17 – The Cool Tools Report; Taming Canvas Quizzes and Quizbanks; Canvas Q&A (time permitting)
- December 1 – The Cool Tools Report; Fancy Canvas Navigation; Canvas Q&A (time permitting)
Thursdays – Design Matters Webinar: 2pm – 3pm (FS Lava Java and online in Collaborate)
- November 5 – UDL – Universal Design for Learning
- November 19 – Designing accessible images
- December 3 – Designing accessible documents
Thursdays – Social Animal Webinar: 3pm – 4pm (FS Lava Java and online in Collaborate)
- November 5 – Create a Personal Social Learning Network; Curation and sharing tools
- November 19 – Twitter and Blogging
- December 3 – LinkedIn and Facebook Pages and Groups
How Can You Find the Webinar?
The session room is now open! To practice early or join us in a session, following this link:
Need lessons on how to use Collaborate? Feel free to stop by the Lava Java or contact Kyle Peirson at email@example.com for a quick tutorial on how to set up your computer and headset/microphone to join a Collaborate session.
Due to popular demand for the resources from our What Works Wednesdays sessions, we’ve added a Canvas space to the CEAL world.
This workspace is a public forum so if you have never, ever ventured into the new Canvas LMS before, don’t fret. You don’t need to login or request an account or anything to access the resources, videos and information we are posting in the Canvas area.
You can access this space in a few different ways:
- Though the link here in this post: CEAL on Canvas
- Through the new link now located at the top of our blog (look for ‘CEAL on Canvas’ )
- Through this link on our CEAL website. Go to the CEAL website
However you get there, visit often! We are updating and adding content all the time.