Position: Development Coordinator / Contract Administrator
Reports To: Senior Development Manager
Acting as direct assistant to one or multiple Project Managers; the following skills and duties will be required and or expected.
- Generate and formalize all contracts, Purchase Orders, and Change Orders, from drafts generated by Project Managers.
- Log all Contracts, Purchase Orders and Change Orders in the Contract Control Log and track their progress/flow through the approval and distribution process.
- Maintain all contract boiler plates and keep current with the legal department’s guidance.
- Distribute executed contract documents to accounting, central files, and the vendor.
- Set up “Change Order” Spread Sheets for each vendor as required.
- Confirm contractor registration number and license is current and up to date.
- Procure and track proper insurance certificate from all vendors.
- File and track all “intent to lien” notices for each project.
- Track vendor submittals of safety program when required.
- Compile and review invoices before forwarding to Project Manager for approval.
- Ensure all contracts are coded, include a schedule of values, and pay applications prior to distribution.
- Help project accountant resolve various issues related to contracts and accounting.
- Help resolve monthly invoice discrepancies as requested by project manager.
- Help resolve accounting questions and trouble shooting issues with vendors and contractors as required.
- Help ensure all proper accounting procedures are implemented on each project.
- Submit permit submittals for projects as requested.
- Complete various project applications for power, gas, energy rebates, etc.
- Procure bonds, track all bonds, and facilitate the release of bonds as requested.
- Schedule appointments and/or coordinate meetings for the Project Manager as needed.
- Copy, route and send incoming and outgoing correspondence for the Development Group as needed.
- Check “out going” boxes on a daily basis for Development Group and distribute as directed.
- Assist with Development Group filing as requested.
- Assist with project related phone/address lists.
- Arrange for messenger/delivery service for Development Group as requested.
- Set up and help organize all projects to operate in a consistent fashion.
- Conduct trade and jobsite office correspondence and communications as requested.
- Order and route all requested drawings, prints and plans.
- Assist with updating as-built document and producing Operation and Maintenance manuals for selected projects.
- Arrange to have bid packages distributed to prospective bidders.
- Maintain files for field reports for Testing Labs, soils engineer, and special inspections for all projects.
- Assist with maintaining as-built documents as requested. .
- Prepare and update scopes of work as requested by the Construction Manager.
- Update and formalize meeting minutes as requested.
- Run errands to the City. Consultants, etc. as requested.
- Complete miscellaneous projects as requested by Project Managers.
h:\general\contract and project administrator.doc