2014 State of the State – Discovering Communities of Practice and Career Pathways in HSEM Summit: June 17 & 18, McGavick Conference Center, Lakewood, WA.
The Homeland Security Emergency Management industry is rapidly growing and changing. Jobs within the industry are varied and becoming more specialized and technical. This Summit, sponsored by the Center of Excellence for Homeland Security Emergency Management, will bring together practitioners and educators from around the state to share their knowledge and experience with others in this “communities of practice.”
This Summit will address many issues including the importance of all hazards Emergency Management as it is being used in both the public and private business sector, the intersections of health care and cyber security with Emergency Management and the changing world on eLearning with new tools and other innovations.
Who is part of this “Communities of Practice” that should be attending our Summit?
- First Responders
- IT Professionals
- Allied/Public Health Educators & Practitioners
- Risk Management & Business Continuity Professionals
- HSEM Educators and Practitioners
- Global Trade Supply Chain Management Industries
- Public Safety and Private Security
- Maritime Port & Transportation Security
- Food Safety and Food Security