Grant awarded September 2012 by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Employment and Training Administration (ETA), Grant #TC-23745-12-60-A-53
Consortium of 9 community colleges, workforce, industry and labor partners lead by Bellevue College
Expand and improve the ability of community colleges to deliver education and training programs in Health Information Technology
TAA-eligible workers, U.S. military veterans and eligible spouses, and others
Total consortium award:
Pierce College award:
1. Develop and pilot a Federally Registered Veterans Health IT Apprenticeship
2. Develop and pilot 10 new Health IT certificate programs and infuse Health IT into 6 existing programs
Pierce College will deliver:
• A new Certificate in Healthcare Database Management and Design
• An infused Medical Office Assistant Certificate
3. Train 2,093 veterans, TAA-eligible individuals and others
4. Leverage NSF award to Bellevue College by implementing a national, entry level Health IT certification
5. Create dynamic, multi-faceted faculty development…for instructors
6. Develop cloud-based academic access to Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software for student use
7. Implement a National Veterans Health IT Career Services Initiative in partnership with The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
8. Implement a model for State Community College Health IT Collaboratives, and State Health IT Industry-Education Councils and provide consultation to states interested in adoption.
9. Create and implement a Prior Learning Assessment model for Health Information Technology, including a subset of considerations for veterans
10. Provide robust and innovative student services through personalized academic coaching, technology-enabled feedback mechanisms, and digital prior learning assessment tools
11. Actively disseminate nationally, all curricula, online course materials, tools, and best practices
Funded by the Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Grant #TC-23745-12-60-A-53.
Pierce College is an equal opportunity institution.
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.