Veteran Student Success
Pierce College Fort Steilacoom has been awarded a three-year, $364,000 U.S. Department of Education’s Fund for the Improvement of Postsecondary Education (FIPSE) grant to develop a Center of Excellence for Veteran Student Success.
With this grant, Pierce College aims to increase veteran student enrollment and completion rates by:
- Providing a single point of contact to coordinate veteran student support services.
- Increasing awareness of support services.
- Reinforcing the existing support system and advocating for veteran students.
- And, expanding needed services.
Students who have served in the military are invited to visit the Veterans Resource Center in Cascade 425. The center offers the following services and amenities:
- A textbook lending library.
- Computers for student use.
- Study areas.
- Opportunities to meet other veterans, and connect with both on- and off-campus services and resources.
- And, community service providers to assist veterans with transitioning to the civilian life.
Veteran Advisor/Resource Center Manager
Veterans Resource Center