ACCES is the Pacific Northwest’s premier veterinary specialty, 24-hour emergency and critical care center. We are privately owned with locations in north Seattle and Renton. ACCES is grounded in our commitment to provide compassionate patient and client care while striving to advance the quality of veterinary medicine throughout the region. At ACCES, our team of emergency doctors, specialists, technicians and support staff are our greatest asset and are treated with the respect and care worthy of a valued resource. Our goal is to provide our employees with a supportive environment so they may continue growing professionally while having access to the latest medical advances and technology.
What makes us different from everyone else? ACCES has spent a tremendous amount of time and energy with our staff creating and supporting core values that we believe truly make a difference in a veterinary practice of this caliber. The commitment of the owners and management is felt and reciprocated by all members of our team. ACCES remains a fun, supportive work environment with a strong emphasis on compassion, teamwork and education. We see a large diversity of cases, which, in turn, provides our team with an excellent opportunity to grow their skills
ACCES has an immediate need for Veterinary Technicians in Seattle and Renton!
Veterinary technicians assist the veterinarian in providing patient medical care.
Successful LVT and assistant candidates will have had veterinary experience, be a quick learner and exhibit a dedication to patient care and well-being. LVT applicants should be able to properly restrain animals, be proficient with venipuncture, lab work and catheter placement.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform treatments and administer medication as directed by the veterinarian
• Perform laboratory tests and take radiographs
• Anesthetize animals and monitor anesthesia under the direction and supervision of the veterinarian
• Triage patients according to the triage protocol
• Do “pre-exams” during triage and gather brief medical histories
• Communicate with clients/owners about status of patients as directed by the veterinarian
• Answer phones and perform other reception duties as needed by the hospital
• Fill prescriptions
• Communicate patient status with oncoming staff and veterinarians, and update records and financial information as needed in the computer
• When designated, supervise, oversee and direct assistant staff on the floor
• Participate in all staff and technician/assistant mandatory staff meetings
• Participate in review process for other technical staff and doctors when requested
• Perform Technician Examinations when appropriate and under the direction of the veterinarian.
• Be committed to ACCES’ Core Values
• Licensed as a veterinary technician in Washington state
• At least one year of veterinary experience and preferably at least 6 months in an emergency practice
• Be able to pass the test for Washington pharmacy clerk at time of hire
• In order to move from level one to level two technician, the technician skills must be completed and the manual test must be taken and passed
• This position is exposed to various cleaning solutions and other chemicals
• Lifting up to 40 lbs.
• May be exposed to aggressive animals (in-house handling\restraint training is required)
ACCES offers competitive pay and generous benefits including health/dental/vision insurance, 401K, PTO, paid continuing education, scrub allowance and veterinary care discounts.
To apply, please submit your resume to Genevieve Phillips: email@example.com