King County is seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician. The responsibilities of this classification include assisting the veterinarian in preparing animals for surgery, inducing and monitoring anesthesia and recovery after surgery, assisting with exams, diagnostics and lab work, administering vaccines and other medical treatments and maintaining a safe and clean working environment. The work schedule is 40 hours per week, 7am-6pm, four days a week. The hourly rate range is from $21.52 to $27.28. Please apply by Monday, February 3, 2014 before 4:30 pm.
For further details: http://tinyurl.com/k7jwvvx or see King County website for job listings
Thanks again…Betsy Larson, DVM
Position Title: Companion Animal Services Veterinary Technician
Rate: CAS Veterinarian
Kay Joubert at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
PO Box 1037 Lynnwood WA 98046
Resumes and letters of interest needed by 2/10/14
DOE – Full-time (4 days week/10-hour shifts)
Requirements: Must be a licensed / registered veterinary technician with a current Washington State license.
Purpose of Position: To provide for the comfort, health care and euthanasia of animals at the shelter, and to assist with implementing the daily activities of the PAWS Spay/Neuter Clinic and medical program.
Duties and Responsibilities: In accordance with organizational policies, duties include but are not limited to:
• Performs daily activities of PAWS’ Spay/Neuter Clinic, including scheduling of surgeries; drawing and processing of lab work, preparation of animals for surgery; assisting veterinarians during surgery; and monitoring conditions of animals before, during and after surgery.
• Assists clients during low-income surgery days, and foster parents during re-checks and visits.
• Under direction of management, euthanizes animals according to written policies and procedures.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of clinic work area and equipment. Cleans all animal housing and treatment areas and provides food, care and socialization for animals according to written procedures.
• Maintains a system of record keeping for all animals treated at the clinic. Accurately completes paperwork and enters information into the shelter database program.
• Responsible for maintaining clinic inventory of supplies and medicines, and placing orders. Works with vendors and suppliers on specials, cost-containment and programs beneficial to the agency.
• Provides assistance to management with the evaluations of medical and behavioral needs of animals in the shelter by maintaining accurate records and status changes.
• Administers immunizations, medications, and treatment for injuries or illness as prescribed by a veterinarian and provides other health care to animals as provided in written policies and procedures.
• Oversees, trains and provides assistance to volunteers in day-to-day performance of their duties.
• For complete job description, visit: http://www.paws.org/employment.html
Physical Demands: Candidates must be able to lift a minimum of forty (40) pounds and heavier weights with the assistance of other staff. Work is performed both in and out of the shelter that requires lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and other moderately strenuous activities, and must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be a high school graduate or equivalent, and be able to read, write and speak clearly in English so that written and verbal instructions can be followed.
• Must be willing and able to work daily with companion animals and have a basic understanding of the needs and behavior of domestic cats and dogs. Must be able to handle individual animals in a caring, safe and humane manner.
• Must be able to work cooperatively with people and to communicate clearly about PAWS’ mission, the care and treatment of animals, and the safety of the public and other employees. Must be able to represent PAWS professionally at all times.
• Must be or be able to become certified in Washington State to perform humane euthanasia.
• Preference may be given to someone with previous experience working with animals in an animal shelter. Important considerations for this position include the abilities to handle animals safely and humanely and to communicate clearly at all times.
Note: Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the successful candidate will be required to provide both evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.
PART TIME VETERINARY TECHNICIAN (BELLEVUE)
The Cat and Dog Clinic of Bellevue is a three doctor, small animal practice. We have in-house laboratory equipment, ultrasound, and multi-parameter anesthetic monitoring equipment. Our clinic has low turnover and a supportive, friendly environment. Our hospital is privately owned and has been servicing the pet owners of Bellevue and the surrounding community since 1974. Voted Best Veterinary Clinic of Bellevue in 2013!
We are looking for an experienced LVT to become a member of our team!
Expected skills would include:
• Blood collection
• IV catheter placement
• Surgical prep/monitoring
• Basic computer skills
Competitive salary and benefits package include medical, vacation, 401K, and pet health care.
Fax your resume and cover letter to 425-641-7508 or email to email@example.com.
Energetic Assistant or Licensed Veterinary Technician Wanted
Ridgetop Animal Hospital is a longstanding, AAHA accredited hospital that provides high-quality comprehensive services with excellence, enthusiasm and compassion. We are a busy 6 doctor practice in Silverdale seeking an energetic and motivated LVT or Technician Assistant. Some Receptionist work may be required. Applicant must be organized, driven and work well with a large team. Schedule is somewhat flexible and will include some nights and Saturdays. High school degree is required and LVT Certification is preferred, however, not required. If you enjoy working with animals and have a great customer service attitude we would love to hear from you. Please reply to this advertisement by copy and pasting your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to this email or you may fax a copy to 360-698-7363. Email attachments will not be opened or considered. Serious applicants only please.
Evergreen Veterinary Hospital a high quality, fast paced work environment in West Olympia is looking for a motivated, reliable, punctual Licensed Veterinary Technician to add to our team. Applicants must be currently licensed in Washington State and enjoy working with clients and patients. Duties include but are not limited to, anesthesia induction and monitoring, microscopy, client education, dental cleaning and radiographs, venipuncture and digital radiography. The position will be 2 days a week from 7:30am-6:00pm and some Saturdays. Salary depends on experience.
Please bring or email resumes with a cover letter, and 3 work references to:
Evergreen Veterinary Hospital
3220 14th Ave NW
Olympia, WA 98502
Only qualified applicants will be called back.
We are a busy two doctor small animal clinic. We are seeking an energetic team player who will strive to provide patients and their owners with the best care possible. We are looking to add an LVT as either full or part-time.
Benefits include (after 90 day probationary period):
~Veterinary service discounts
~Health Insurance (if qualified as full-time)
~Holiday pay (if qualified as full-time)
You will be responsible for performing all duties expected of a licensed technician.
This position will include Saturdays.
Please email or fax your resume.
Fax number: 360-330-5590
VCA Magnolia Animal Hospital has an opportunity available for a Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our busy, AAHA-accredited, 3-doctor practice located just minutes from downtown Seattle, Washington.
We’re looking for a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care–with the experience and technical know-how to make them happen. . ..a devoted team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, someone who takes enormous pride in their ability to listen and speak to clients like a trusted friend. . ..a service-minded professional who is energized by the gratitude of others and in the satisfaction of a job done right.
If this describes you, then we want you on our team!
You’ve worked hard for your credentialing and we want you to use the knowledge that you’ve invested your time and talent in. The skills that you will be utilizing include, but are not limited to: venipuncture, catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia monitoring, physical examinations, surgical preparation and assisting, dentistry, pharmacy, patient recovery, and compassionate care for our hospitalized patients.
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
If interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person.