VETERINARY TECHNICIAN – LVT
Chambers Creek Veterinary Hospital has a position open for a full time LVT. We are an AAHA accredited hospital providing high quality veterinary care in Lakewood and are looking for an outgoing, proactive technician to join our medical team.
Our technicians utilize their skills in all areas of the hospital to include venipuncture and basic lab work, digital radiography, dental prophylaxis, patient care/treatment, surgical prep/assisting, and client education/customer service. The person we are seeking should be able to multitask, have a positive attitude, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
Applicants must be available for Monday thru Saturday shifts. Periodic Sunday shifts are also required on a rotating basis. Salary is competitive within the veterinary field and a comprehensive benefit package is available.
Please send a cover letter and resume when responding to this posting. No phone calls please.
Chambers Creek Veterinary Hospital, 7210 Bridgeport Way West, Lakewood, WA 98499
Well-established, full-service five doctor veterinary clinic in Pullman, WA seeking full time veterinary technician or experienced assistant, as well as full time receptionist. Apply in-person Monday through Friday at Alpine Animal Hospital or call Jennifer at (509) 332-6575
Pilchuck Veterinary Hospital is a World Class Veterinary Hospital located in Snohomish, WA. PVH has served the Pacific NW as a full service, mixed animal practice since 1963. With over 20 doctors and staff of 75, we provide professional veterinary care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our currently growing practice is in the need of a fun and motivated Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our Small Animal General practice.
Wednesday – Saturday 8:00 am – 7:00 pm
Provide veterinary nursing care to small animals under the direction of the veterinarians employed by the hospital. Conduct a variety of technical duties relevant to becoming an integral part of a medical/surgical team, in the operation of the small animal hospital, while working in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Veterinary Technician License required. • Have a two-year degree by an accredited veterinary technician program, and have passed the VTNE, or have satisfied the prerequisites to challenge the VTNE (i.e. be qualified under the “Grandfather Clause”) and have passed the test, preferred. • Recent experience in a small animal practice is preferred (1-2 years,) but not required.
- Lift Large Dogs (up to 50 pounds.) •Demonstrate proficiency in patient care, imaging, dentistry, preventative medicine, anesthetic induction & monitoring and surgery assisting. • Provide client Education and counseling for home care, parasite control, dental procedures & explaining financial estimates etc. • Conduct other duties as assigned.
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental insurance. • Paid time off, paid holidays. • Generous CE allowance, $750 annually for technicians. • Discount on hospital goods and services. • 401K + more.
If interested in applying please submit your resume and wage requirements to the link below:
Full time position available for a Veterinary Assistant or LVT. Cherry Valley Veterinary Hospital is a busy 1.5 doctor practice seeing primarily dogs and cats. We maintain the highest standard of patient care, have a dedicated cross –trained staff, and an exceptional clientele. We offer competitive wages, DOE, medical and dental benefits, paid vacation, Simple IRA contributions, scrubs, and a continuing education allowance. Recent or near completion of a veterinary certification program is required. We are located in Duvall, a small, growing community near the Snoqualmie River, 20 minutes east of Redmond. We are looking to hire a long term staff member. Potential applicants please send a resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
The All Bird Clinic located in University Place, WA is seeking a new team member. We take pride in providing quality medical care and services to our clients and their pets. The All Bird Clinic is currently seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician, Doctors Assistant or Avian Licensed Veterinary Technician to work shifts alongside our avian Veterinarian. The ideal candidate will have experience in medication administration, surgery prep, intubation, anesthesia monitoring, recovery, blood draws, as well as restraint. Avian experience is highly desired but not required. We are looking for an experienced, dedicated individual with great communication skills and a commitment to high quality animal care. If you would like to become an important member of our pet healthcare team, please reference this craigslist post and mail your resume to: Hayden Milligan at 6531 Sexton Drive NW Olympia, WA 98502. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Puyallup-South Hill)
Licensed Veterinary Technician needed for busy 7-doctor, AAHA hospital. We are a great hospital seeking someone interested in long-term employment. Join our team in providing excellent care for our patients and their owners. Looking for a skilled individual who is compassionate about animal care, hardworking, demonstrates good work ethic and has a positive attitude. Must understand the importance of teamwork and have strong interpersonal skills. Need someone who is patient and compassionate. Well-equipped for digital x-rays, endoscopy, ultrasound, chemotherapy, laser surgery and much more! Must be licensed in the State of Washington. Please fax resume to: 253-841-8934, Attn: Karoline or mail/apply in person to South Hill Veterinary Hospital, 620 39th Ave SW, Puyallup WA 98373.
Three doctor, established , Small Animal Practice located in the Skagit Valley, Burlington WA is seeking a licensed Veterinary Technician to complement their veterinary team. Applicant must be licensed in the state of Washington, be motivated, organized, with the ability to work well with a large support staff. Customer service skills, client educatons and attention to detail are a must. New graduates are encouraged to apply, will train the right person. Hours would be up to 32 hours per week, sometimes more depending on the schedule. Will have to work some Saturdays. Benefits: vacation, staff bonus progam, staff pet discounts, ce allowance, uniform allowance . E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 360-757-2543 , or contact Sue Carpenter, Office manager at 360-757-7202.
Licensed Veterinary Technician (Full time or Part time)
Loyal Companion Animal Care is a privately owned veterinary hospital in Redmond, WA. We are searching for a Licensed veterinarian technician to join our growing team. Ideal candidate should have 3+ years of veterinarian technician experience, have proficient communication and computer skills, and be team players. Position is full time, and we will consider part time candidates as well. We offer competitive compensation including paid vacation, 401K and medical insurance. To learn more about our practice and team, please go to www.LoyalCompanionAnimalCare.com. If you are interested in applying, please send resume to jobs@LoyalCompanionAnimalCare.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Companion Animal Services Veterinary Technician
Dr. Keiko Young at: email@example.com or PO Box 1037 Lynnwood WA 98046
Resumes and letters of interest received by 9/12/14 will receive priority
$12.69 – $16.15/hour DOE – Full-time (4 days week/10-hour shifts)
Excellent benefits: http://www.paws.org/about/employment/
Purpose of Position: To provide for the comfort, health care and euthanasia of animals at the shelter, and to assist with implementing the daily activities of the PAWS Spay/Neuter Clinic and medical program.
Duties and Responsibilities: In accordance with organizational policies, duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs daily activities of PAWS’ Spay/Neuter Clinic, including scheduling of surgeries; drawing and processing of lab work, preparation of animals for surgery; assisting veterinarians during surgery; and monitoring conditions of animals before, during and after surgery.
- Works directly with the veterinarians, veterinary assistants and operational staff to assure the safety and health of animals at the clinic and to assure that all procedures at the clinic are performed in a highly efficient and effective manner.
- Assists clients during low-income surgery days, and foster parents during re-checks and visits.
- Maintains a level of cleanliness and sanitation necessary for the function of the clinic; reports structural or operational problems or deficiencies that may affect the care of animals or the operation of the clinic.
- Provides accurate information and courteous service to the public, both in person and through phone calls, about all aspects of animal care and shelter operations.
- Under direction of management, euthanizes animals according to written policies and procedures using sodium pentobarbital.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of clinic work area and equipment. Cleans all animal housing and treatment areas and provides food, care and socialization for animals according to written procedures.
- Maintains a system of record keeping for all animals treated at the clinic. Accurately completes paperwork and enters information into the shelter database program.
- Responsible for maintaining clinic inventory of supplies and medicines, and placing orders. Works with vendors and suppliers on specials, cost-containment and programs beneficial to the agency.
- Provides assistance to management with the evaluations of medical and behavioral needs of animals in the shelter by maintaining accurate records and status changes.
- Administers immunizations, medications, and treatment for injuries or illness as prescribed by a veterinarian and provides other health care to animals as provided in written policies and procedures.
- Assists in training shelter staff in methods and procedures of evaluating and treating animal health care problems
- Oversees, trains and provides assistance to volunteers in day-to-day performance of their duties.
- May be assigned other duties by the CAS Veterinarian or CAS Management Team.Controls over Work: Veterinary Technicians work under the direct supervision of the CAS Veterinarians and are expected to perform the established duties according to daily schedules. Written performance evaluations will be given after the first three months and first twelve months of work and annually thereafter.Physical Demands: Candidates must be able to lift a minimum of forty (40) pounds and heavier weights with the assistance of other staff. Work is performed both in and out of the shelter that requires lifting, bending, stooping, pushing and other moderately strenuous activities, and must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be a licensed veterinary technician with a current Washington State license.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent, and be able to read, write and speak clearly in English so that written and verbal instructions can be followed.
- Must be willing and able to work daily with companion animals and have a basic understanding of the needs and behavior of domestic cats and dogs. Must be able to handle individual animals in a caring, safe and humane manner.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with people and to communicate clearly about PAWS’ mission, the care and treatment of animals, and the safety of the public and other employees. Must be able to represent PAWS professionally at all times.
- Must be or be able to become certified in Washington State to perform humane euthanasia.
- Preference may be given to someone with previous experience working with animals in an animal shelter. Important considerations for this position include the abilities to handle animals safely and humanely and to communicate clearly at all times.
Note: Under the provisions of the Immigration and Reform Act of 1986, the successful candidate will be required to provide both evidence of identity and eligibility for employment.