Are you a career minded veterinary technician or assistant looking for a new challenge with a great company that has fantastic potential for upward mobility? Are you self-motivated, confident and passionate about helping pets? Do you want to be able to use AND expand your existing medical knowledge? If you answered YES to these questions, then TRUPANION has an exciting full time opportunity as a Claims Specialist in our dynamic claims department waiting for you at our headquarters in beautiful Seattle, Washington.
The Claim Specialist position uses the Trupanion Policy and their exceptional medical knowledge to review medical records, chart notes, lab results, invoices, estimates, etc. in order to make fast and accurate assessments on the eligibility of received claims. The outcome of the claim assessment is communicated to the pet owners via email and phone. In addition to adjudicating claims, Claims Specialists provide outstanding customer service to existing pet owners and veterinary clinics/hospitals relating to any current, future or past claims. This positions offers the option to work from home after establishing a track record of outstanding work performance.
- Exceptional understanding of veterinary medical terminology and medical conditions is required
- Candidates must have 3+ years of veterinary technician or assisting experience in a clinic/hospital environment
- Strong preference given to candidates with 5+ years in a clinic/hospital environment and/or licensed technician credentials
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent and self-motivated work ethic
- Experience providing customer service both in writing and over the phone
- Computer competent with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent typing and 10-key skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Enjoys sharing current veterinary knowledge and possesses a willingness and desire to increase knowledge base
- Fluent in Spanish and/or French highly desirable ($1 add’l/hour)
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
- Compensation – Base Salary of$15.50-$17.50/hour with merit based raises available+ exciting bonus potential of up to $200/month and up to an additional $480/quarter + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
- Medical, dental, and vision paid by Trupanion at 100%
- Overtime/Holiday/Sick time offered
- You may enroll one pet with Trupanion with all the bells and whistles with the premium paid at 100%
- 401K plan offered after 90 days of hire
- Stock options
- No state tax in Washington state
- Schedule – 40 hours/week, varying shifts available
- Overnight shifts
- $2 add’l/hour Shift Differential offered for hours worked between 9pm-5am
- 10 hour/shift available (4 days/week)
- Possible relocation cost allotment
- In house Day Care (Seattle only) available for children ages 3 months to 30 months
- Potential to work from home once established with a proven track record of outstanding work performance.
- BRING your “approved” pet to work—In house dog walking service provided.
- Locations – Seattle, WA (Ballard) and North Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Trupanion is a winner of Washington’s Best Workplaces 2013 competition.
- Opportunity for personal growth and UPWARD mobility due to our rapid growth.
- Please visit our website at http://trupanion.com/about/careers to learn more and apply!
- If you would like to take a peak into our office, take a look at some of our Trupanion YouTube videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFntYdXnWFUCAuCPAuL12xA
Trupanion is an industry leader in medical insurance for pets, offering cat and dog insurance in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico with the mission of delivering financial peace of mind to pet owners.
Trupanion offers a simple, customizable policy with 90% coverage for diagnostic tests, surgeries, medications, hospital stays, and alternative therapies for the treatment of accidents or illnesses. Trupanion’s policy includes coverage of hereditary and congenital conditions with no payout limits per incident, per year, or over the lifetime of the pet.
Trupanion® is underwritten by the American Pet Insurance Company, which has earned a Financial Stability Rating of A, Exceptional, from Demotech, Inc. Trupanion is a founding member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA), demonstrating a commitment to high standards and transparency in all actions and products. For more information call 800-569-7913 or visit Trupanion.com. You can also follow Trupanion on Twitter or Facebook.
Key words: Veterinary technician, veterinary assistant, vet tech, vet assistant, hospital, clinic, insurance, animal, pets, office, administrative, dogs, cats.