Overnight ER/ICU Shift Supervisor LVT, Specialty/Emergency Vet Hospital ~ (Kirkland, WA )
We are Seattle Veterinary Specialists (SVS)!! A privately owned, state-of-the-art, multi-specialty and 24-hour emergency/critical care facility in Kirkland, WA. SVS was founded on the concept of providing a superior level of patient care and client service, in close cooperation with the referring veterinary community. SVS focuses on collaborative medicine where teams of experts work together under one roof to combine their medical expertise, skills and experience to provide the best treatment for our patients.
We are a growing hospital with opportunities for learning and advancement. Our staff of dedicated Doctors, Technicians, & Assistants use their skills & abilities to the fullest.
We are currently hiring for a full-time, Overnight Shift Supervisor, Licensed Veterinary Technician for our busy ICU/Emergency Department. Hours for this overnight position are Wednesday-Saturday; 6:00pm-5:00am.
Provide a respectful, educational, productive, fun, collaborative work environment in which the primary goal is to provide world class veterinary services, patient care, client care, rDVM care and co-worker care to ensure a cohesive, productive work environment. The Supervisor LVT will report and work directly with the Emergency Services Department Head in helping provide leadership and guidance to the Emergency Services team.
* Supervisor overnight team by providing leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, support, and guidance to others, and nursing management of ICU patients
* LVT skills including, phlebotomy, medical calculations, anesthesiology, radiology, lab, surgical assisting, etc.
* Perform physical exams according to SVS procedures and protocols.
* Provide client education and counsel clients regarding post-ER home care, medication administration, etc.
* Fill take-home prescriptions as directed by the veterinarian and in accordance with state regulations.
* Take and process radiographs.
* Assist the veterinarians with other tasks as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills~
* LVT license
* 3+ years experience in Veterinary medicine
* Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
* Ability to uphold proper safety protocols.
* Familiar and proficient with aseptic techniques.
* Familiar with laboratory procedures and practices.
* Familiar with veterinary equipment, instruments and medications.
* Able to lift 40lbs without assistance
Preferred Experience and Skills~
* ER/ICU experience is preferred,
* Specialty Hospital experience a plus,
* 2 + years experience in leadership including mentorship, coaching and training.
* Ability to maintain a calm and positive attitude
We are offering a premium compensation plan, which includes an overnight Shift Differential, plus our excellent benefits package: medical/vision/dental insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous CE allowance, employee pet discount, scrub allowance, employer matched 401K + more.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to apply, please reply with a cover letter, resume, and wage requirements to the following email address: http://hrkinections.catchthebest.com/apply/e92d/e48c