Are you a licensed technician in the state of WA who wants to expand your knowledge and skill set outside of just caring for small animals, exotics and domestic avian? Sawyer Lake Veterinary Hospital is looking to add to our team of outstanding Technicians. We are the local Animal Hospital catering to the needs of small animals, avian and exotics, from medical care to grooming. We pride ourselves in the care we deliver to our clients and patients. As a Licensed Veterinary Technician in our hospital you are the integral team member to the quality patient care we deliver. If you are someone who can multi-task, remain calm, take charge in a busy environment and clearly communicate with our staff, clients and Management, and are ready to lead a Team then we want to talk to you. This position offers the opportunity for the right technician to not only work with our patients but also care for injured wildlife that is brought into South Sound Critter Care Wildlife Rescue, whom we provide medical services to for various species of wildlife.
Minimum of 1 year of experience in a small animal veterinary practice, preferred
- Ability to take radiographs, induce anesthesia, and dental prophylaxis
- Ability to augment client services via discharge appointments or other Tech appointments
- Assist in maintaining medical inventory and ordering hospital supplies
- Maintain medical standards by supervising staff assistants for all medically related tasks
- Able to stand for long periods, lift at least 50 pounds and work 8 hour shifts
- Able to work most Saturdays
- Prior experience with exotics and natural wildlife is preferred but will train an interested candidate
This position is Full-Time with scheduling between 36 – 40 hours per week and will be shared with our sister hospital Renton Veterinary Hospital in Renton. Licensed Team Members are eligible for health benefits on 1st of the month following hire date including Medical (Paid by Hospital for Team Member), Dental (paid by Team Member) and PTO after 6 months, matching retirement fund, Holiday pay (even your Birthday off!), license renewals, continuing education allowance and discounted veterinary care for your animal(s).
If you are interested please forward your resume along with a personalized cover letter to email@example.com – SUBJECT: LVT Position.