Highly skilled veterinary technicians and assistants wanted to join our rapidly expanding, 2 doctor AAHA practice in beautiful Gig Harbor. We are under new ownership and management and are looking for amazing people to join our new team!
Our ideal candidate would be a licensed veterinary technician or an assistant with at least 3 years’ experience working in a small animal practice, and show proficiency in the daily duties including, but not limited to, blood drawing, IV catheter placement, radiology, anesthesia induction/monitoring and surgical patient preparation. Our practice has a strong emphasis on preventive care and dental prophylaxis, therefore the candidate should be well skilled in dentistry and an eagerness to learn as we grow.
All our team members must possess excellent interpersonal skills, as respectful communication with fellow employees and clients is part of our mission. Client service interactions are conducted in a caring, professional manner with an emphasis on providing value through accurate, detailed, and personalized information.
We offer experience-based compensation with potential for incentive bonuses.
Our Benefits packages include flexible paid time off, medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K retirement plan with generous matching contributions, discounts on veterinary care and products including enrollment of up to three pets in our Total Care Plans for free!
Please include a short introduction and your resume in your response. Please do not include attachments in your email, instead copy and paste your resume at the end of your introduction.
•Competence in intravenous blood draws and catheter placement
•Proficiency in the use of idexx blood machines and snap tests or similar
•Ability to collect and run fecal analysis for parasites and urinalysis
•Knowledge of radiation safety as well as positioning, exposing and “developing” x-rays
•Competence in induction, maintenance and monitoring of anesthesia
•Knowledge of proper techniques for prepping surgical patients and how to recover them
•Experience in dental prophy
•Competency using a computer for record keeping
•Ability to restrain animals using low-stress techniques and ability to teach this knowledge
•Ability to calculate dosages and administer medications
•Ability to multi-task without becoming stressed
•Must be able to lift 40lbs to counter top height and carry for 40 feet
•Must possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate with team members and clients of different backgrounds and personality types
•Ability to follow written and verbal instructions with minimal supervision
•Current days and hours of operation are: Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 8am-5pm; must be available to work scheduled days without any exemptions.
At Hawthorne Hills Veterinary Hospital we know that as a Licensed Veterinary Technician you have many options on where to lend your talents. We feel that our practice offers an opportunity that is rare in our field, and would like to invite you to join us. We are a very busy animal hospital practicing cutting edge veterinary medicine in the Seattle, WA area. Our doctors care for our canine and feline patients in our friendly practice. Our practice utilizes state of the art diagnostic technology, so you will have ample opportunity to utilize your amazing skills! Our practice genuinely has a “family” feel to it, and we believe in caring for our staff! Our quality of medicine is our top priority. We are very respected in our community, we feel strongly in caring for the needs of the patient and less about income for the practice. We offer our clients options for their pet’s care. We care for as many of our own cases as possible, so you will be exposed to the procedures and cases you went to school to be a part of.
We are seeking a (full time) licensed veterinary technician to help us move our practice forward. The successful candidate will be comfortable with most technical skills, including venipuncture, lab work, radiology, and dentistry, as well as anesthesia monitoring with state-of-the-art equipment. As communication with clients is critical to providing the best patient care, the best suited candidate will enjoy educating clients, answering questions about our services, and explaining treatment plans. Additionally, surgical experience will be helpful, as we perform many different types of procedures each day.
In appreciation for your services, we offer one of the best employee benefits packages available in our field in addition to generous pay of $16.00 – $20.00/hour DOE. We want our staff to feel truly taken care of!
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enthusiastic Veterinary Technician :
Are you an energetic, compassionate “animal and people person” looking for an exciting and rewarding place to work? If you are, you may be the person that we are looking for to become a part of our dedicated veterinary team.
Canyon Road Veterinary Hospital is a well established two-doctor small animal veterinary hospital, which prides itself on teamwork and a warm, caring approach toward our clients and patients.
We are seeking a F/T Veterinary Technician (or the ability to become licensed) with experience in the veterinary field. Successful candidate must be flexible & dependable. Our valuable Technicians fill a vital role in our hospital.
Duties include but are not limited to: Greeting clients and patients for examination, while taking a brief history Obtaining vital signs of patients and monitoring hospitalized patients Assisting doctors Maintain cleanliness of the hospital Gentle restraint of patients for exams, treatments & radiographs Assisting in surgery Laboratory testing Dentistry Monitoring patients under anesthesia Lab work Radiology Placing IV catheters & blood draws (Just to name a few) We utilize our Technicians to their fullest capabilities
Written communication is important as well as strong verbal skills.
Join our team and receive competitive wage and and attractive benefit package. Medical, Dental and vision coverage, CE, sick leave, paid holidays and vacation, a Simple IRA plan and pet care discounts.
Please email cover letter & resume to email@example.com No Phone calls Please
Kellogg Pet Medical Center is looking to hire a full time veterinary technician for our single doctor practice. We are located in beautiful North Idaho. Our benefit package includes health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, and discounted animal services for your pets. Please contact Charity Cook or Nikki Ross with questions or resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Veterinary Technician (Edgewood)
We are looking for an experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our busy three doctor practice. Applicants must be detail oriented and enjoy working with pets and owners. Being able to multi-task in a busy environment is a must. We want a self-motivated person with strong people skills and a commitment to excellence and accuracy. Cornerstone experience is beneficial but not required. This is a full time position. 4-5 days a week, including weekends on a rotating basis. Approximately 30-35 hours per week. Salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Benefits include license fees, continuing education, paid leave, and discounted medical care for your pets after the waiting period.
Applicants must have a valid WA Veterinary Technician state issued license.
If you are a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player; we want you. Please send cover letter with your resume along with references.
Resumes accepted via:
Attn: Office Manager
In Person: 1311 Meridian East, Edgewood WA 98371
High-quality, privately owned veterinary hospital in Kirkland, Washington seeks a Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) or equivalent, who shares our team’s mission of providing excellent patient care and customer service within a positive work environment. What we need: a trained assistant that has both medical and people skills and the motivation to support a team dedicated to our mission of caring for both pets and their owners. We are passionately committed to our patients, our clients and each other. Job duties include surgical nursing, advanced dentistry, all aspects of patient care, and some part-time reception help. Occasional weekend work required.
Competitive salary, DOE. Benefits include: retirement savings plan, paid vacation, medical, continuing education, and personal pet discounts. Email resume to email@example.com.
The veterinary technician has many important responsibilities and plays many roles within the hospital. They apply their professional skills in anesthesia, surgery, dentistry, laboratory testing, patient nursing, and client education.
The technician is routinely entrusted with patient assessments, anesthesia, procedures, and treatments. The technician must be a detail oriented person who can make good decisions, respond quickly and calmly to crises, and maintain high standards of patient care. Technicians need to communicate clearly with the doctor’s, other hospital personnel, and clients to ensure that patients receive the care that they need.
Technicians should enjoy working with diverse people and animals and be friendly and flexible in the face of varying expectations from clients and co-workers. Technicians must share a firm belief in the quality of care we provide and communicate this sense of assurance to clients. It is important to know and understand our services and recommendations and be able to clearly convey the value of the services to the clients. Excellent client communication skills and a commitment to outstanding client service are essential.
Wandermere Animal Hospital is seeking an experienced LVT for a full time position. We are a Monday-Friday general practice with a great client base and wonderful patients.
The ideal candidate will share our commitment to delivering high quality patient care and exceptional client service. Our technicians must be efficient, detail oriented, self-motivated, flexible and compassionate. Strong technical and interpersonal skills are required.
Duties include: Ability to perform complete dental prophylaxis Calculate dosages and administer various injections Gentle venipuncture and sample prep Consistent IV catheter placement and maintenance Anesthetic induction, intubation and monitoring Surgical prep, assisting, recovery and thorough record keeping Digital radiography positioning Abaxis In-house laboratory testing
Benefits include health insurance premium, accrued paid time off per year, paid uniforms, 401K, flexible scheduling, personal pet discounts and competitive wages.
If you feel like you would make a great addition to our friendly and fun team, please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Position: Pasado Safe Haven King County Spay Station Licensed Veterinary Technician
Reports to: The Spay Station Veterinarian for all “on board” direction. Director of Homelessness Prevention Initiatives for operational.
FUNCTION: Responsible for providing the highest quality of care possible for patients during hospitalization and surgery and supervising the daily activities of the Veterinary Assistant and/or special events volunteers.
- Promotes the humane care and safe surgeries of the animals admitted on board the Spay Station.
- Oversee admission of patients into spay/neuter clinic; confirm medical history, perform physical assessment prior to surgery when appropriate.
- Communicate patient condition, test results, and medical history of patients to the attending veterinarian.
- Under the direct supervision of the veterinarian, administer medications, anesthesia drugs, and pre-pare animals for surgery in accordance with WAC 246-935-040 (see Attached).
- Monitor surgery patients from the induction of anesthesia until full recovery has been achieved.
- Assess patient readiness for discharge and discharge all patients daily.
- Complete follow up calls to clients with post-surgical complications.
- Maintain drug and supply inventories.
- Comply with applicable standards for animal health technicians established by the Washington State Veterinary Medial Association.
- Communicate with clients regarding patient care matters, including daily discharge.
- Supervise daily cleaning routines including scrubbing and preparation of surgical instrument packs.
- Establish and adhere to maintenance programs for all medical equipment and medical vehicles.
- Interact with clients and staff in a respectful and professional manner.
- Enforce and adhere to clinic procedure/SOP.
- Responsible for supervision and training for all unregistered Assistants.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on client, patient and donor information.
- Maintain controlled drug record keeping and reporting.
- Adhere to OSHA compliance policies & procedures.
- Responsible for Bi-monthly inventory.
- Attend training meetings as scheduled.
- Be respectful of co-workers and treat subordinate and superior staff, clients, volunteers, and patients in a professional manner.
- Education: Veterinary Technician license from accredited college/institute.
- Experience: Must have proven track record with at least one year experience in animal care or related field. .
- Other requirements: Applicants must have the ability to work in a close quarter and intensive, fast-paced environment of high-volume spay/neuter surgeries. Must have passion for spay/neuter efforts and relentlessly promote the cause. Must be driven to meet/exceed goals. Must be a self-starter, able to prioritize effectively, possess exceptional organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, and be able to write legibly. Attention to detail a must. Ability to work at locations that change daily in South King County; and the ability to lift 40 lbs. No animal allergies.
- Animal requirements:
- Must have passion and conviction for animal welfare and compassion for all animals, with the drive and devotion to end pet over-population and the over-crowding in area shelters.
- Hours of work: P/T temporary. 8-10 hour shift once a week every Friday or Saturday (primarily Fridays)
Please send cv and resume’ to Jenny Fraley at email@example.com
For more than 55 years, SNBL (Shin Nippon Biomedical Laboratories, Ltd) has been a leader in helping biopharmaceutical companies generate high quality data with the exceptional precision needed to rapidly advance new medical therapies and innovations that improve patients’ lives, SNBL has facilities in Japan, the United States, China, and Cambodia. Our international footprint enables us to meet the research needs of clients around the globe. We are committed to providing our customers with fast and precise results across the entire drug development spectrum, from early discovery research to late-stage clinical trials.
This is an entry level veterinary technician position, and works primarily under direct supervision. Veterinary Technicians perform various duties to facilitate and support the work and research of the veterinarians, study directors, and clients by completing a variety of animal health activities in the areas of medicine, surgery, and drug therapy. As a team, the vet services staff is responsible for the treatment of all on-site ill and injured animals, and for the fulfillment of the preventive medicine program as determined by the Attending Veterinarian.
- Provides nursing care for all medical cases within the facility, under the guidance of the staff veterinarians and senior level technicians.
- Performs basic diagnostics and screening tests, to include but not be limited to: body weights, BCS, Tb testing, malarial screens, hemoccult testing, urine dipstick analysis, fecal floatation, swab sample collection, blood collection, and others at the request of the veterinarians and/or more senior level technicians.
- Performs routine and basic animal procedures, including animal handling and restraint of rodents, handling of NHP within the home cage, sedation, delivery of medications via the IM, SQ, topical, and PO routes, assessment of vital signs (TPR) on sedated animals, shaving of animals and preparation for surgical procedures, bandage application, basic wound care, and assessment of basic clinical signs of animals on treatment or under sedation.
- Occasionally performs procedures on unsedated animals. May provide restraint for unsedated animals under supervision of the veterinarians or the senior level technicians.
- Performs post-exposure protocols on NHP.
- Performs basic cleaning and preparatory procedures within the animal procedure and technical staffing areas, including cleaning medical instruments, wrapping surgical packs for autoclaving, cleaning the surgical suite or procedure area after animal activity, and others at the request of the veterinarians and/or more senior level technicians.
- Performs dose calculations for medications to be given based on initial orders from a veterinarian or as per SOP or study protocol, and may be responsible for ordering controlled substances from the pharmacy for planned procedures. Performs routine QC on all paperwork and performs computer entry and/or data retrieval as appropriate, to include scheduling of departmental tasks where appropriate.
- Shares inventory and ordering responsibilities for supplies used by the department.
- Shares responsibility for routine departmental cleaning and prep procedures, such as instrument care, pack wrapping, procedure room and procedure cart cleaning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May perform routine maintenance on equipment within the veterinary staff department, including but not limited to: x-ray processors, microscopes, eye wash stations, etc.
- BA/BS, Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT), or completion of 2 year Veterinary Technician program preferred. Equivalent combination of experience may substitute for education requirements.
- 6-12 months basic animal handling and/or basic medical/veterinary experience is required.
- This position is expected to pursue ALAT certification. WA State Veterinary Technician License (LVT) preferred.
- Basic to Advanced computer skills.
- Requires general reading, writing, and verbal communication skills. The ability to quickly understand and act on complex instructions delivered either verbally or in writing, and the ability to communicate either verbally or in writing with a wide variety of individuals in a professional, respectful, and clear manner.
- Requires the ability to accurately calculate doses, using algebraic equations.
- Continual Good Laboratory Practice training and training on applicable procedures and SOPs within the department. Position will work towards achieving a level 3 for all routine procedures within the department within 1 year of hire. Continuing education is required as needed to maintain licensure status.
- Basic animal handling and medication administration skills are required.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/t63mwdnmtg.