How much does it cost?

This is one of the most frequent questions I receive, and one of the most difficult to answer because it depends on several factors.  The factors are:

1. How many credits you take per quarter
  2. What your residency status is, both state and U.S.
  3. Which certificate(s) you wish to complete, and whether you wish to complete the associate degree
  4. Whether you take your courses online or on the ground

The best place to start is the Pierce College Tuition Calculator–it’s what I use when I try to answer the question on the phone.  Online classes have an additional $8/credit fee that I don’t think is part of the calculation, especially if you are taking a mix of online and grounded classes.

So, if you know your residency–try it, you’ll like it!  You can even play with it, trying out different combinations.

2 Responses to “How much does it cost?”

1.   HILDA LOVE Says:

HI I AM INTERESTED IN MEDICAL SPANISH INTERPRETER CERTIFICATION..PLEASE CONTACT ME & INFORM ME OF HOW TO GET STARTED..I AM A NEW STUDENT I HAVE NOT APPLIED TO ANY COLLEGE
    HILDA

2.   Thérèse Marie Mirande Says:

The first thing anyone interested in starting at Pierce College needs to do is apply for admission to the college. It is not a competitive process, and no test scores are required. It can be done on line or in person. There is a small fee, and new students need to take the COMPASS Test for placement in English and math.

No English or math courses are required for interpreting certificates, but they are required for the Associate in Language Interpreting.